Assalamu'alaikum warohmatullahi wabarokatuuh
Berikut saya coba menyajikan soal-soal UN khusus materi Short Messages. Mudah-mudahan bermanfaat bagi yang membutuhkan untuk disampaikan pada peserta didiknya. Thank you.
Read the text to answer questions 1 -3
1. What does the message above tell us about ?
A. Azzahra tells Aqila why she didin’t attend her invitation.
B. Aqila’s brother is hospitalized because of an accident.
C. Aqila’s brother got an accident.
D. Azzahra invited Aqila to come to her party.
2. Who is being hospitalized?
C. Aqila’s brother
D. Azzahra’s brother
3. The word “ hospitalized” means….
A. Visiting someone in a hospital.
B. Sent to hospital for treatment.
C. Going to hospital for a vacation.
D. Leaving for hospital because of getting well.
4. The basketball school competition will be held at
A. 3 p.m.
B. 4 p.m.
C. 5 p.m.
D. 6 p.m.
|For questions no. 5 to 6.|
I want you to come my house for lunch on Sunday at 11.00 am
5. “I want you to come….”
The synonym of the underlined word is….
D. move toward
6. When should Nining come at Reza’s house?
A. At night
B. In the evening
C. In the afternoon
D. In the morning
7. Who has sent an SMS?
C. Your brother
8. Where does Andin work?
The text is for no. 9 to 10.
I’m terribly sorry. I’m not going to be able to play football with you tomorrow afternoon. I have to go out of town this weekend.What about next Monday?
9. How long will Tom go out of town?
A. A day
B. Two days
C. Three days
D. Seven days
10. What is the purpose of the message?
A. To inform about delaying an activity
B. To invite someone to go out of town
C. To invite someone to play football
D. To announce a football match
To : Reno
Remember, we’ve had an appointment to go to the bookstore after school. I’ll be waiting for you at the school gate. Be on time.
11. What does the message tell about?
A. Doing an activity after school
B. Going to the book store
C. Going home together
D. Arriving at school
12. Remember, we’ve had an appointment to go to the bookstore after school.
The underlined word has similar meaning to …
The text is for number 13.
Dear : Andra
Don’t forget to pick your litle sister up at the English course, at 7 p.m.
Bring the umbrella, it will rain.
13. Why should Andra bring an umbrella?
A. Because it will rain
B. Because it is raining
C. Because it rains
D. Because it rained
14. The following information are true, except ….
A. Sandra sent an SMS to Bonita
B. Sandra remind Bonita to bring her dictionary
C. Heni borrowed Sandra’s dictionary
D. Ms. Stefanie is an English teacher at Sandra’s school
15. Who borrows the dictionary?
16. What is the message about?
A. Giving information about English speech contest
B. Reminding Ambar to attend the English speech contest
C. Asking Ambar about the English speech contest
D. Asking Ambar not to attend in speech contest
17. Who will have a birthday party tonight?
A. Mr. Suhel
18. From the text we know that ...
- the principal was away when the message was sent
- the sender cannot attend the meeting
- the principal will wait for the meeting that day
- the sender was in Singapore when he sent the message
19. The short message is written to ...
- tell what had happened in the meeting
- inform the cancellation of the meeting
- say that the principal won’t come to the meeting
- inform that the sender has just arrived from Singapore
20. According to the message, Tina asks that Tomi ….
A. come to the hospital soon
B. never come to the hospital
C. wait for the operation
D. may come after the operation
21. “It is scheduled at 10 am.” What does the word “it” refers to?
D. Tom’s town
22. Tina is probably Tomi’s …
23. How does Rahmat feel when he sends the message?
The text is for questions no 24 -25.
24. Where is the notice of the message ?
A. In the school
B. In the house
C. In the market
D. In the office
25. “…,if you’ll go back” the word you refers to ….
A. The writer
B. The reader
D. General manager
26. From the text we know that Mr. Anto will come to see Mr. Charlie ....
A. in the morning
B. in the afternoon
C. in the evening
D. at midnight
27. "Please be on time."
The sentence means "to come ...."
Study the text to answer question 28 and 29.
Don’t forget to pick up your little sister at the English course at 5:00 p.m.
In case it rains, don’t forget to bring an umbrella with you.
Thank you dear,
28. What is the message about?
A. Having an English course.
B. Bringing an umbrella.
C. Reminding picking up a sister.
D. Forgetting to pick up someone.
29. What is Bayu little sister doing?
A. She is picking up her brother.
B. She is having an English course.
C. She is doing her homework with her friends.
D. She is bringing her umbrella.
Text for number 30 to 32
30. What is the text about?
A. Preparation for National Exam
B. Schedule for additional lesson
C. Meeting the teachers
D. Preparing the materials
31. The program will last for… months
32. I would like to you to prepare….
The underlined word in the sentence refers to….
Sorry Ta, I can’t fulfil my promise to go with you to Fahmi’s birthday party to night. I have to meet Mr. Anwar at 7 p.m.
Please don’t be angry
33. Where do they return the book?
A. The classroom
B. The library
C. Administration office
D. Teacher’s room
34. “Accompany me to ….”
What does the word “me: refers ….
I’m sorry to know your fall sick. But I’m sure your sickness is your chance to have rest from your very busy time. Hoping you get better soon!
35. What is meant by “your sickness is your chance to have rest from your very busy time”?
A. Listy has never had time to have rest.
B. Adya has never had time to have rest.
C. Listy and Adya have never had time to have rest.
D. Listy and Adya have had time to have rest.
Read to memo and answer question 36 and 37.
36. The memo gives us information about …
A. Louise forgets to prepare the equipment
B. Dr. Plowman forgets to have biological experiment
C. Dr. Plowman reminds Louise to prepare of biological experiment
D. Louise reminds Dr. Plowman to prepare of biological experiment
37. When does Dr. Plowman write to memo?
A. October 9, 2010
B. October10, 2010
C. October 11, 2010
D. October 17, 2010
38. What is the message about ?
A. Waras Hospital
B. An Accident
C. Amita’s brother
39. Who sent the message ?
B. Amita’s brother
D. Waras Hospital
40. Taken to has the same meaning as ….
A. sent to
B. put to
C. followed to
D. went to
41. What is the goal of the text. It is to ….
B. give information about an accident
C. retell a story
D. give information about an action
Read the SMS below!
42. What does it mean?
A. Lia is messaged by her mother to turn off the gass stove.
B. Lia is messaged by her mother to leave the house
C. Lia is messaged by her mother to forget the gass stove
D. Lia is messaged by her mother not to turn off the gass stove
43. “…. before you leave the house.”
The word “you” in the sentence refers to …..
44. “ Don’t forget to turn off the gas stove …”
The underlined word has opposite meaning with …
A. Go out
B. Swith on
C. Turn on
D. Take in
Questions no 45- 47.
To : Kathy
Kathy, are you free this afternoon? If you are, would you join me to the mall ? I want to buy something for my mom’s birthday present. We can also go window shopping. How does it sound?Shania
45. What is the short message about?
A. Kathy’s invitation to go shopping
B. Kathy’s agreement to go shopping
C. Shania’s invitation to buy the birthday present.
D. Shania’s agreement to go window shopping
46. “We can also go window shopping.” The underlined word refers to….
A. Kathy and her mother
B. Shania and her mother
C. Shania and her friends
D. Shania and Kathy
47. We can also go “window shopping”. The underlined word has the same meaning with…
A. go fishing
B. wind surfing
C. sight seeing
D. keep searching
48. What is the purpose of the text?
A. To inform the students to go hiking.
C. To inform the students about changing the time hiking of activity.
D. To inform the students to keep their condition.
49. What is the synonym of the word “chairman”?
A. The committee.
B. The leader.
C. The secretary.
D. The headmaster.
50. “ We will cancel …”
The word “we” refers to ….
B. All students
C. The Chairman and All students
D. The Chairman